Debating For Everyone is an agency offering training and consultancy for debating and public speaking, founded and led by Julian Bell FRSA.
From 2000 to 2021 Julian Bell was Head of English and Debating at Godolphin and Latymer School in London. In September 2021 he retired from teaching to devote himself full time to his passion for debating. He provides training in debating to students in prep, primary and secondary schools both in person and online across the UK, and overseas, including schools in Spain and the USA. He also runs a number of debating competitions both online and in person.
Julian Bell is the author of The Debating Book: everything you ever need to know about debating, and two workbooks for debaters, one for Extended Mace and one for British Parliamentary (see below). He is currently working on his fourth book, Think Like A Debater, to be published in September 2024. It will cover all the most commonly debated issues in depth, while also training debaters in thinking skills.
Julian has worked with the following schools to set up debating programmes:
- Radnor House School, Sevenoaks
- The German School in London
- Deer Park Primary School, Twickenham
- Harry Gosling Primary School, Tower Hamlets
- Glen Park Primary School, South Kensington
- St Catherine's School, Eastbourne
- Westminster Academy
- Sacred Heart High School, Hammersmith
- Orleans Park School, Twickenham
- Grey Court School, Ham
- The Old Vicarage School, Richmond-upon-Thames
- Haberdasher's Aske's Boys' Prep School
- Glendower Prep School, London
- Kensington Prep School, London
- Sarum Hall Prep School, London
- Queen's College, London
- Queen's Gate School, London
- Francis Holland School, Regent's Park
- Highgate School, London
- Charterhouse School, Surrey
- Lingfield College, Surrey
- Bromley High School
- St Alban's High School
- Stamford School, Lincolnshire
- Oak House School, Barcelona
Debating For Everyone is unique in that all training is delivered exclusively by Julian Bell. Whereas comparable debating training agencies are likely to use student trainers with little or no teaching experience, he brings 35 years' experience of teaching and over twenty years of being at the heart of schools debating.