Debating For Everyone is an agency offering training and consultancy for debating and public speaking, founded and led by Julian Bell.
From 2000 to 2021 Julian Bell was Head of English and Debating at Godolphin and Latymer School in London. In September 2021 he retired from teaching to devote himself full time to his passion for debating. He provides training in debating to students in prep, primary and secondary schools both in person and online across the UK, and overseas, including schools in Spain and the USA. He also runs a number of debating competitions both online and in person.
Julian Bell is the author of The Debating Book: everything you ever need to know about debating. He is currently working on his second book, Think Like A Debater, which will cover all the most commonly debated issues while also training debaters in thinking skills.
Julian has worked with the following schools to set up debating programmes:
- Radnor House School, Sevenoaks
- The German School in London
- Deer Park Primary School, Twickenham
- Harry Gosling Primary School, Tower Hamlets
- The Old Vicarage School, Richmond-upon-Thames
- Haberdasher's Aske's Boys' Prep School
- Glendower Prep School, London
- Kensington Prep School, London
- Sarum Hall Prep School, London
- Queen's College, London
- Queen's Gate School, London
- Highgate School, London
- Charterhouse School, Surrey
- Lingfield College, Surrey
- St Alban's High School
- Stamford School, Lincolnshire
- Oak House School, Barcelona
Debating For Everyone is unique in that all training is delivered exclusively by Julian Bell. Whereas comparable debating training agencies are likely to use student trainers with little or no teaching experience, he brings 35 years' experience of teaching and over twenty years of being at the heart of schools debating.